Sunday, January 28, 2007

Purpose and Expectations...


I am taking ETEC 524 as an elective for my doctoral degree. This class was highly recommended by my advisor and I believe my learning experiences from this course will help me grow professionally and personally. A major focus in our district is for each teacher to use technology in every lesson. My goal is not for our teachers to just use the technology, but to find ways to empower students with the use of technology. As a result the lessons will be more engaging, therefore, improving the learning environment throughout the entire campus. Through this course I hope to expand my technological skills and knowledge so I can better assist the teachers and the students on our campus.

2 comments:

Dr. W said...

And let me just say how encouraged I am to see administrators enrolled in an educational technology course. I believe that it is important to understand first hand what it is you are expecting your teachers and students to accomplish and the challenges they face.

Dr. J. said...

Hey Brent: I am enjoying reading your blog. Last night at our meeting, I think you convinced me to have the class blog instead of using the discussion thread in the Ethics and Philosophy course. I will have to get up to spead on it fast though! Happy reading on your residency project. Keep up the good work.